The application deadline is 5:00 pm MST on February 28, 2018.
On this page you will find everything you need to know to submit an application for an Alexa Rose Foundation grant.
Who is Eligible to receive a grant?
- Emerging, mid-career and established artists in the visual/film, performing and literary arts who reside in Ada or Canyon County.
- Those who have received Alexa Rose Foundation grants may apply but preference may be given to first-time applicants.
Examples of What Alexa Rose Foundation Grants May Fund in 2018:
- Tuition for classes/workshops in your chosen field or in a new medium (private instruction, college or independent organization)
- Study/work with a mentor
- Travel related to a specific project such as a new work of art or series
- A conference or workshop related to creative work in the arts
- Support to create a new work or exhibitionx
- Funding for equipment or materials that will further the artists’ career or ability to create
You may apply for up to $5,000 for your proposed grant.
Criteria for Review
While the quality of the artist’s work will be considered, the primary criteria for the award of the Foundation grants is the potential for the grant to significantly impact the individual’s creative practice or development as an artist.
Application Process and Required Application Materials
Using the online application you will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Who are you and what inspires you?
- For what opportunity would you like to use this grant funding?
- How will this opportunity make a difference in your creative practice and life as an artist?
You will then be asked to provide a short narrative about the budget associated with your grant application including how much is requested, other funding sources, an itemized list of how the funds would be used.
You should upload samples of your work as follows:
- Visual artists should upload up to 10 jpg images (each attachment file size must be under 500kb, see tools below for help)
- Writers should upload one pdf with up to 10 pages of written work (i.e., 12-15 poems; a short story; part of a play; a chapter of a book, etc. File size no larger than 1MB)
- Filmmakers and performing artists should provide links to up to 6 URLs to video or audio files on YouTube or other web platform
You can save your work and come back to the application as needed.
NOTE: If your application crosses disciplines and you need to provide work samples of types other than the options you are given for your primary discipline, please use the contact page to notify us.